Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Tea Tree Oil - Essential Oils


Tea Tree Oil, also called Melaleuca, helps to treat skin conditions. It is also one of the best anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, anti-viral, anti-parasitic, and anti-inflammatory aids around. It is an astringent. Tea Tree Oil also helps to open our chest cavities and helps to awaken and enliven us. People have used it to treat acne (5% solution), athlete's foot (10%), and even toenail fungus (up to 100%). Internal consumption is not advised as it is toxic.
I have heard of people putting this in the shower or steam room to open up the sinuses and "clean the air" so to speak. It is also great to add to some Greek yogurt for a face mask. I like blending it with some Lavender Oil as well. I don't do a 50/50 split as the Tea Tree Oil can overpower the Lavender but I will do about a 65/35 blend. I have seen it in some all natural shampoo blends as well. I think I have seen it in some blends that treat dandruff but don't quote me on that. What do you use it for?

No comments:

Post a Comment